Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Fun

White Sox game with Joe and Erin C.





I turned 30!

We had a group of friends over 2 weeks ago for a BBQ to celebrate my 30th birthday. We hung out playing bocce and beanbags and made a fire in the firepit to roast marshmellows. Where are the photos you ask? This is all we have. (We had our camera out while we were prepping for the party, but then never took any photos of the actual party!!!)

You'll note that I decorated my birthday cupcakes in the photo below. My mom gave me an awesome 30th birthday present - a full set of cake decorating supplies! Bags, tips, food coloring, and even an instruction manual. I set off to decorate the cupcakes before the party thinking that I would wisk right through it and they'd be beautiful. I figured when you watch someone decorate for 30 years, you'll "just know" how to do it. WRONG. I mean, how hard can it be? VERY. There was a lot of swearing, laughing, and frosting everywhere!

Does the gift come with a 24 hour telephone assistance line?




We also have started to prep the baby's room! The painting is done and today we are working on installing the chair rail and the wallpaper border. Her furniture is here and most of her bedding. It shouldn't be long now!




No comments: