Saturday, September 19, 2009

First week of life...

Yesterday wrapped up Raegan's first week of life. It was a fun filled adventure! She is eating well and has started to make up some of her hosital weight loss. She is up to 8lbs 10.5 oz.

My daughter also has the amazing ability to shoot poop. Oh yes, poop. At 5 days old, her Daddy was changing her diaper at 2am. From the bedroom, I heard him say, "Raegan that's the tiniest poop I've ever seen". Within seconds, I hear a very loud toot followed by a panicked Daddy saying, "uummm I'm gonna need some help in here". The poop had rained down the dresser onto the carpet, splashed onto the walls, and covered the changing pad, the baby, and the Daddy. I guess that teaches you to critisize a newborn's talents! Mommy and Daddy spent the next hour with the bucket of MR. CLEAN... all in a nights work.

On Wednesday, we had a visit from Grandma McLaughlin, Papa Jack and Lois, and Kevin's Aunt Maggie. Raegan charmed all of her visitors of course. It was great to take the 1st Four Generation photo on Kevin's family's side!




On Thursday we went on our first journey in the stroller to the park near our house. It was a beautiful day. Raegan slept through the trip, but I'm sure she'll enjoy the next trip back.



On Saturday Raegan had a visit from her Auntie Autumn! We watched the Badger game, ate lunch and went for a walk in the stroller. Auntie Autumn was Raegan's first babysitter when mommy went into the hair salon for a 10 minute bang trim. Raegan loved her babysitter AND she didn't charge us!



Here is a picture of Raegan decked out for her 1st Badger game! While the pants didn't last due to her umbilical stump, she'll have them on again in the next few weeks! What a big girl.

4 comments:

Adam and Kim said...

She is so cute and I love her Badger gear. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself and that she is adjusting to life on the outside:)

Marisa said...

Go Raegan...love the Badger pride right from the get-go!

Jennifer Hock said...

Go Badgers!!! and Go Raegan!

BAM said...

...you mean...her first week of life on the outside...she was alive long before her debut :)