Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Last Sorry Pumpkins in Town



Long story short...don't wait till 3pm on Halloween to try to buy a pumpkin.

Due to our squirrel situation, I decided I would wait to buy our pumpkins until closer to Halloween. However juggling a baby, an infant carrier, stroller, purse, diaper bag, and 3 large pumpkins never really seemed to work out when I was running errands. Needless to say, it was 3pm on Halloween and my daughter didn't have a pumpkin. Sad. So I left her at home with her Dad and drove around town for an hour trying to find a pumpkin. This is what I found...

Three pie baking pumpkins at a Hispanic Grocery store in the next town over. Each $1.49. All three fit in the plastic grocery bag that I sadly carried to the car.

To Raegan, I'm sorry for being a bad mommy and not getting you a pumpkin sooner for Halloween. But I tried really hard and eventually got you a pint sized pumpkin. I promise next year that we'll get them early and carve them with cute faces.

To the squirrels, you win this year. Enjoy your pie baking pumpkins, just try to keep my front porch clean as you devour them over the next few days. Better yet, team up with your buddies and just carry them away to your home to eat and then I don't have to clean up after you. Consider it take out....

1 comment:

Marisa said...

okay...you crack me up!!! The pumpkins are the perfect size for little Raegan!!!