Sunday, April 11, 2010

7 months


Raegan is now 7 months old. I can hardly believe it. We didn't have a doctor's visit this month to confirm the stats, but I think she's around 17 lbs. I could weigh myself and then weigh the two of us together, subracting the difference.... but then I'd have to weigh myself. We'll just go with 17lbs.

Here are the things that amaze me about you:

- you roll EVERYWHERE. We've put up the baby gaits and started babyproofing as you like to use rolling as a form of transportation.
- you crawl around on your belly in a 360 degree circle
- you sit up very well on your own, rarely fall over, and can reach and play for toys all by yourself.
- you can play peek-a-boo with any piece of fabric. Your burp cloth, a blanket, your pajamas.
- you're really loud and you like to talk. My favorite is the "a da". No "ma ma" yet, but here's hoping.
- you've decided that eating isn't so bad afterall. It's been a tough 6 weeks getting you to eat people food, but you seem to be coming around. Up until this point you have refused to eat my homemade organic babyfood puree. Yet when I crack open the jar of Gerber you wag your tongue like a dog. Huh??? But you are getting better each day and just this morning you polished off my peaches! Yeah!
- we continue to go to music class every Wednesday and you love watching all the other little babies. I hope you learn to sing like your Dad.
- you continue to wake once a night to eat, but I mostly blame myself for that. What if you're hungry? Or teething? Or have a dirty diaper? I am a wimp. I can't take the crying. And when you eat then you go right back to sleep... I know I should stop but it's really hard. I'm working on it. I would guess at your 8 month checkup the doctor will "put her foot down". That will be a tough day.
-you are an excellent shopper. Mommy has a shopping problem and I think I'm creating a monster. Whether it's the grocery store, the mall, or Target, you are always wonderfully behaved. I get so many compliments on how cute you are, how beautiful your eyes are, and how good you are. You love to sit up front in the grocery cart now!

That's it for now. There are a million little things everyday that amaze me about you.

And you still love your Dad. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer Hock said...

OMG, she could not be any cuter. PS. It is totally okay to endorse a shopping addiction. Just teach her to look for deals :)

Marisa said...

I loved your update! I cannot even believe that she's 7 months already...
Cute park pic!