You are now 8 months old! Happy 8 month Birthday!
Here are the updates:
17 lbs 10oz - 50th percentile
28 inches - 95th percentile
5 teeth - I just found a fresh one yesterday
- you can crawl! You still "army crawl" on your belly but you're very fast. I turn my back for a minute and you're three rooms over.
- you talk a lot! We've heard "dada", "baba", "gaga", "yaya". But still no "Mama". Maybe today is the day.
- you love anything that's a string/strap/cord. You have a compulsion for Daddy's electronics cables and electrical outlets.
- we are working on standing, waving, and clapping
- you know your name! Or at least I think you do. That or you recognize the tone I use when you are going for above said cables. You stop, turn around and look at me, then smile a toothy cheese grin and continue about your merry way. Stinker.
- you love to feed yourself Puffs and Cherrios. We continue to struggle to get you to eat baby food sometimes. And you don't like to nurse so much these days. I think it's related to the teeth. Maybe you don't like pureed food and will just prefer to feed yourself. We'll keep working on it.
- mommy got a new stroller! You now roll in your CityMini! We don't lug the Britax travel system around anymore. We are also leaving your infant carrier in the car more and just moving you. This practice needs improvement though as your Dad went to work on Monday with your infant carrier in the back seat empty and left us at home without it. He came home again at 8:50am.
- you love books. Especially crawling over to your bookshelf and emptying them all on to the floor.
- today we are going to MyGym for a baby workout. We are taking a break from Music Class for the summer and giving the gym a try. Perhaps mommy should take a hint herself and get moving.
The next post marking 9 months will be right near Mommy's birthday. Perhaps we should celebrate together. I'll make a cake.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment