Thursday, April 28, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I am amazed at the exponential rate at which Raegan's language is developing.   It's truly amazing.   About 2.5 weeks ago she made a 2 word sentence.    While eating dinner, she heard Kevin come in the back door from work.  Usually this results in a GIANT "yeahhhhhh!!!".    But that night she smiled at me and quietly said, "Dadda home".   

Since then, the language has exploded.     She can say "pop goes the weasel" pronounced "pa do de weedle".   She sings "E-I-E-I-O", sounds like "E-I-E-I-yellow".  

She also uses words like "see ya" and "alright".  When we get ready to leave the house, she puts on her jacket and shoes and shouts "ready"!     Below are a few of our recent conversations.

Raegan:  Socks!
Mommy:  Yes Raegan, your socks are green.
Raegan:   Geen Socks!

**********

Raegan:  YoYo?   (yogurt)
Mommy:   No baby, it's dinner time soon.
Raegan:  Momma peaz?  (please)

**********

Raegan (pointing to the toaster):   I see the bagel!  (pronounced "I dee da badel")

I can hardly wait for what's to come.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hock said...

This is my favorite age!!!! Watch out-she's going to have LOTS to say over the next 17 years!!!!