Wednesday, December 21, 2011

All I want for Christmas

My daughter has this.   


She calls it her "baby toy".   It's a hair tie from H&M.  She owns it because while we were shopping there one day this fall, she was on the verge of melt down and someone had left it lying on the shelf near the baby clothes that we were shopping for.  She asked for it.   It was $1.99 and it got us out of Woodfield Mall without either of us getting injured.

It's one of her favorite toys.


Recently I saw her pull back each of the ends in opposite directions with her hands and point it at me.   (Think sling shot).   I immediately told her to stop and that we don't shoot things at people.   It isn't nice.   I asked her where she learned that.    Her reply???  

"Daddy"




This is her "pumpkin toy".   She got it (free) while Trick or Treating.   She loves it.  She loves to "scare" me by popping the pumpkin head off and laughing hysterically.  She has mastered putting the head back on and always wants it in the car.    



This is a spray bottle.  It's $0.99 at Target.  She had one.  It broke.  I threw it away.   

For 2 months she has been asking where her spray bottle is.  While I've told her that it's broken and we don't have one anymore, she longs for her spray bottle.  She likes to clean the counters of her play kitchen.

Imagine my shock last month when she stared at me blankly one day and said, "I ask Santa".  

And sure enough she did.   She sat on his lap, smiled, gave him a high -five and asked for a spray bottle for Christmas.

For Christmas she's getting this.....



Lucky for her Grandma Golden has a soft spot and also got her a spray bottle.  :)










No comments: