Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Compliments

Raegan has been potty trained for about 3 weeks.   It's remarkable.   We did nothing!

Since November she's been interested in going potty, so we encouraged her when she decided she needed to go.   (Which usually resulted in not much happening, or occurred just after she went in her diaper)  However, we still encouraged her with songs, and potty dances, and clapping.

3 weeks ago she put on her big girl undies and that was it!   Kevin and I are still looking at each other saying "but we didn't do anything?"

The challenging part is that she wakes up at 4am asking to go to the bathroom every night.   Keep in mind she's never been a great sleeper.   So I'm not quite sure if it's her full bladder waking her up or if she is still just a crumby sleeper but now has learned that potty is the one thing that we'll respond to.  

...She is pretty smart.

But now onto the original point of today's post.

This morning she had a dry pull-up and I helped her go potty and change into her big girl undies.  As I washed my hands, I watched 2 fuzzy footed feet walk out the room and I heard...

"Thanks Mom.  You're a great Mommy".

1 comment:

Marisa said...

AMAZING...I'll send Larz on over to your house :)
I'll even pack his fuzzy feet pjs --lol.
WAY TO GO CUTE REAGAN!!!!!