Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Raegan's First Dance Class

Dear Raegan,

Today was your very first dance class.   After nap, I helped you into your light pink tights, into your light pink leotard and we placed your light pink ballet slippers into your new dance bag.   We drove to dance class and changed into your slippers in the dressing room.   I walked you to Studio B and waved good-bye from the door.  

This class is just a class for little girls.  No mommies allowed.   I didn't even introduce you to your teacher.  You simply walked in, sat down by the flower in the middle of the floor with the other girls and waited for Miss Kelly to start class.   You introduced yourself to your teacher all by yourself.  

You are such a brave little girl.  No tears.  No looking back.  Just a big smile and a wave as Miss Kelly closed the door.

I stayed outside for 45 minutes waiting for you, catching glimpses of your class through the curtained door.  I watched you practice first position, plie, releve, and dance the Teddy Bear Dance.  I laughed out loud at the thundering heard of elephants I heard as you and your partner learned to sashay hand in hand across the floor.   I laughed even harder at the even louder thundering heard of elephants as the tap portion started.  (Not sure where we'll practice that one in the house).

And when class was done, Miss Kelly opened the door and you walked out of the studio.   It took a minute for you to find me among the other Mommies, but when our eyes met you smiled a HUGE smile and ran into my arms and said...

"Momma did I do good???"

Yes baby, you did.  I am so proud of you.

Love,
Mommy






No comments: