Thursday, December 3, 2009

11 weeks

Dear Raegan,

This week has been one of amazing discoveries and much laughter. Just a few days ago, you discovered your hands. You have 2 of them, each with 5 beautiful fingers. And for the last 4 days, they have provided you with an unlimited amount of entertainment.

I first noticed it as you were able to clasp your hands together in front of your chest. Calmly, like a polite young lady. Your Great Grandma Gunvalson would be very proud. Next, you began to look down at your hands, examining them closely. If I place a toy in your hands, you hold onto it strongly, and can now wave the toy around and it catches your glance. It's truly amazing how much you change in just a matter of days.

Yesterday started with laughter. Mine that is. While I cradled you in my arms before your morning nap, you had your right arm across your chest and you were sucking on your right shirt sleeve (one of your favorite activities). You then attempted to place your left hand in your mouth. It was obviously obstructed by the one already there. But boy did you try and try again to get it in your mouth. I laughed, silly, as you didn't realize there was already one in there!!!

Today's laughter was yours. Just now before your afternoon nap, we rocked in the chair and you looked into my eyes and chuckled. A little "hehe" with a smile. It made me laugh, which made you laugh. I laughed again, this time my chest bounced, you laughed even more. What a fun game. So much for nap time...

1 comment:

Marisa said...

This is such a precious post!