Saturday, January 9, 2010

Letters from the week

Dear Mommy,

Thanks for taking me to my first music class on Wednesday! I had such a good time meeting my new friends Kaelyn, Harrison, Evie, and the others. I loved watching all the other babies and tummy time wasn't so bad since I had such new and unique things to look at. I also rolled over again from my tummy to back - too bad Daddy missed it again. I promise to try it again soon when he is watching.

Here's the only problem with music class.....I think people thought I was a boy. You dressed me in a blue shirt with jeans and everyone called me "he". And I'm a girl. I know you are new at this whole mommy thing, so I won't hold it against you. But here's a tip.... next week try pink with a hair bow.

Thanks.

Love,
Raegan

*********

Dear Raegan,

Sorry about the outfit. We'll do better next week. But in my defense, the shirt had PINK POLKA DOTS! What boy wears pink polka dots people!

This week you will be 4 months old. Wow, the time has gone so fast. You had your doctor's appointment on Friday and here are the stats:

Weight: 14 lbs 8.25 oz (75th percentile)
Length: 25.5 inches (>90th percentile). And no, you aren't shrinking, they were likley a little over zealous with the measuring tape last month.

Things you like:
-Your Daddy. No really, you love him. A lot. Wherever he is, you are watching. When you hear his voice, you crank your head to find him. We used to have Daddy read us stories while you're nursing at bedtime in your darkened room. But we have resorted to silence while you nurse because you won't eat if he is speaking. Perhaps you're a Daddy's girl?
-Anything you can put in your mouth
-Sucking on the pointer finger on your right hand
-Playing on your playmat
-Bath time
-Giggling

Dislikes:
-Tummy time
-Being strapped into that darn carseat. Once you're in we're good, but you don't so much like the part where we have to take your fingers from your mouth to put on the straps. (see above)

Other points of interest:

-You remain a very calm baby. Quiet, alert, watchful. You take in everything. You rarely cry. Last month, a lady in the grocery store told me how lovely and well behaved you were. Then proceeded to tell me that your future brother or sister is going to be a terror. Actually, she used the word "rascal". I think she was 90.
-You are beginning to get hair. It is growing into the top of your head. It's thin, but it's there.
-You are settling into a schedule. You take 2 longers naps and an evening catnap each day. You are a great sleeper at night and tend to only get up once in a 12 hour stretch. Since you don't actually cry at night when you wake up, the doctor told me to start ignoring you....we'll see how that goes.
-Last week you found your feet. It started off as a staring contest. You won. Now you grab them and roll around on your back. I laugh when you bring them near your face and your mouth starts to flap as you try to suck on them. Try that when your 30!

We love you more everyday. I think one of the best parts of having you in our life is getting to know you. In truth, you bring this tiny baby home from the hospital and everyone sort of looks at each other like you're family yet strangers. It takes a little while to get know each other. I love getting to know you baby girl. From your smile, to your laugh, your cries, the way your eyes dance when you giggle at your Daddy. You get more beautiful everyday.

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

Jennifer Hock said...

that is such a sweet post!!!! I can't wait to see her again-what a big girl!

Jennifer Hock said...

Oh, and good job rolling over Raegan!

Adam and Kim said...

So true about everyone getting to know each other - very well put! Everyone tell us that our next baby will be a terror (or "racal":) too..I guess only time will tell:)

Marisa said...

love your posts to Raegan...what a treasure she'll always have!