Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Aftershock
I can't believe I forgot to mention that there was an earthquake! 2 weeks ago, in IL, at 0359am. I woke up in bed with a sense that something was shaking. With my right arm I hit Kevin in the chest and said..."hey did you feel that"? To which he replied with his usual "grunt" and rolled over and went back to sleep. (a similar response as to when Raegan cries on the monitor...thanks Daddy). By the time I was awake the room was still, but I heard a very loud rumbling outside. Being from the midwest I assumed it was snow shifting on the roof or a snowplow going by and decided I could safely return to sleep. I did, for a brief moment, consider if the roof had caved in under 10 inches of snow, but I rationally evaluated that there was no drop in temperature in our house. It would get colder in our room if the roof had caved in right? Then it occurred to me the roof might have collapsed on the garage? I must have fallen back asleep with the pleasant dream of getting a new garage....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you for real??? That's crazy! By the way, I love reading your posts...you're so funny!
Post a Comment