Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Updates at 14.5 months

November 2010


Raegan is officially walking ALL THE TIME.   No more crawling at all.  It'll be time for big girl shoes very soon!    (Soliciting mommy friend advice here on what to buy...)

She is down to only nursing at night and using sippy cups for milk and water during the day.   We dropped her morning nursing last week and for the child who has been completely ambivilent about nursing for the last 14 months.......boy was she mad!    She walked over the boppy pillow, crying, picked it up and threw it at me.   We had a little sit down about behavior after that.  She continues to be a light eater and refuses to eat meat.  
Raegan is a non-stop chatterbox.   Her first word around 11 months was Dada, then ball, then shoes.   She now says hot, hat, dog, choo, choo, down, done, bathtub, duck.    She is getting pretty good at animal sounds and will say "woof", "sssss" (for snake), "mooo".   She shakes her head yes and no, and this morning when I took her sippy cup away at nap time she shook her head side to side and said "na".  And here come the NO's!!!!

My absolute favorite is when she says "HI".   It's a long drawn out word with strong upwards inflection in her voice, usually accompanied by a wave.   She says "HI" to everything.   People, animals, the refrigerator, you name it.  On Saturday she walked to the edge of the bathroom door where Kevin was getting ready, stopped just shy of the casing as it to sneek up on him, bent her neck around the door frame and waved "Hhhhiiiiii".    I watched her from behind as she did this.  I know Kevin and I will remember that moment for the rest of our lives.

This Thanksgiving I am so very thankful for my wonderful daughter, husband, family, and friends.  

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: