Monday, July 25, 2011

What's in a name?

Up until today, all of Raegan's stuffed animals and dolls had no names.   She sleeps with Baby and Lamb, sometimes Monkey and Hippo.   Very original, I know.

Today she brought her white stuffed dog into the kitchen to help cook dinner.   She asked for him sit on the counter.  I obliged.    The rest of our conversation is outlined below:

Mommy:   Does your doggie have a name?
Raegan:   Muffy
Mommy (flabbergasted):   What?
Raegan:   Mu-ffy
Mommy:  Oh!  It's nice to meet you Muffy.
Raegan:   Nice to meet you Mama.
Mommy:  Is Muffy a boy or a girl?
Raegan:  A girl.
Mommy:   Because she has two hair bows?
Raegan:   Take them out please.

But seriously?   Where did she come up with that name?   If you helped my daughter name her dog when I was out....please reply.

2 comments:

Adam and Kim said...

So funny! We just brought a fish home from the fair and Paige named it "Broody"...huh?? I have no idea where they come up with these:)

Jennifer Hock said...

Katelyn loves to cook and one of the things she always makes is "duppies." I have no idea what this is...