Monday, March 8, 2010

One way conversations...

One of the hardest things as a new mom is adjusting to the one way conversation. I'll admit, it is extremely challenging to narrate your entire day. But as Raegan gets older and is developing her own little personality we are creating our own little non-verbal dialogue.

I thought I'd share two of our most recent one way conversations. They go something like this...


Mommy needs to go the gym
Mommy: Raegan, my pants just don't seem to fit the same yet.
Raegan: Smile and drool.
Mommy: Just look at the flab still on my tummy after 5 months.
Raegan: Smile and drool.
Mommy: You are super cute baby girl, but how come you left me with all this tummy fat?
Raegan: Mom, it wasn't so much me as the 2 cookies you ate today....


Throwback Toys
Mommy: Raegan, look at the new toy phone I got you from Target!
Raegan: Smile and drool.
Mommy: It's just like the one that your Daddy and I used to have.
Raegan: Smile and drool.
Mommy: It has the large red hand set and the rotary dial, just made out of safer plastic.
Raegan: [eyeroll] Mom, unless it has unlimited text with a full data package, I'm not interested.


2 comments:

Siri said...

You make me laugh : )

Marisa said...

You are SO funny!!!